Every business owner would want to retain and convert visitors who have visited or accidentally landed on the website. User experience (UX) plays an integral role in attaining these goals. If people find your website difficult to deal with, they’ll likely exit and find answers somewhere else.
Build your online marketplace today!
Benefit from a 14-day free trial, with no obligation or payment card
Therefore, you need to optimize the user experience of your online marketplace by following the tips below:
Provide Flexible Means Of Communication
Online users who are drawn to your website and are interested in your products and services should be able to reach you fast and easily. You can offer flexible means of communication from start to finish by doing the following:
- Set Up A Contact Page: Your contact information should be clearly visible on your website. Preferably, take time setting up your "Contact Us” page. Include your business’s physical address, phone numbers, email address, and other relevant information that people can use to reach your business.
- Have A Toll-Free Number: Having a toll-free number is convenient for your customers because they won’t be charged when they need to talk to you by phone.
- Install A Live Chat: Consider equipping your website with a live chat option. Whether it’s a true human or a chatbot, having chat functionality in your website prevents queuing phone lines and users can get straight answers without too much effort on their end.
- Use VOIP Alternatives: With more advanced telecommunication technology, VOIP alternatives are now available. These are powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud calling. You can revamp your business communication system and choose one that offers business phone capabilities and video conferencing. This is useful if you’re offering live consultations and customer support services.
Enhance Your Web Design
If you want to boost user experience, you need to dig deeper into your web design technicalities. You can’t just rely on what’s pleasing to your eyes and assume it’s the same with everybody else. Here are some web design strategies to help improve UX in your online marketplace:
- Use Layout Strategically: It’s time to focus on what’s relevant by using your site layout strategically. Make sure that your layout can help your visitors understand the information you present better. Most importantly, make sure that crucial information such as contact details are placed on visible positions on your website. Payment methods, shopping carts, and the checkout process must be easily followed through as well.
- Optimize Website Speed And Responsiveness: Optimize your website speed and responsiveness with the help of tools and professional services. In this way, users don’t need to wait too long for your web page to load all content and web elements. Make sure to optimize your web features and performance at their maximum levels to boost user experience.
- Make Your Website Easy To Navigate: Users should be able to navigate your website with ease. Install scroll bars, a search box, sitemap, and categories or topics. In addition, make sure that your online marketplace is responsive on both desktop and mobile screens.
Create Content That Resonates With Your Target Market
Your content should be able to speak to your audience with conviction, trustworthiness, and enthusiasm. You should create blog articles that capture the hearts and minds of your readers. It must also provide value and educate customers about your products, services, or industry.
Here's how you can create quality content for your prospects:
- Provide Accurate Information: Online users find tons of information on the web. Information can be repetitive and similar. But you can present information in a structured and elegant way so users get what they visited your website for. Use bullet points and gravitate towards a simpler web design to optimize user experience.
- Mind Content Format: It's important to have the right content format that will attract your visitors’ attention. You can present information in a form of a blog post, video blog or vlog, slides, or audio presentation. With a variety of content formats, your prospects can choose from various sources of information that are easy to digest and remember.
- Don’t Forget SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) reflects your ranking, traffic, and conversion. If your web pages rank high in search engines, people can easily see your website. You’ll have more opportunities to engage and promote your products. There are many SEO strategies for online marketplaces. These guarantee on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, link building, and content marketing.
- Diversify: Diversify as needed and make your content more interactive. Use static and 3D images to impress your audience. Publish short and long blog posts, press releases, helpful guides, video tutorials, and other types of content. While providing accurate and informative content should be your priority, you must also produce infographics, entertaining videos, and partner with other content creators to maximize reach.
- Organize Your Content: As you build a repository of content and information, it’s best to organize all these by dates or categories. This improves user experience because customers can simply scroll or backtrack to your earliest posts or articles.
Build Marketplace Trust
A crucial part of user experience on an online marketplace is trust and security. As an online marketplace, you must establish trust to encourage customers to fill up their personal and financial information, since these are important to close and verify transactions. For this reason, it’s important to build marketplace trust by including the following website features:
- Terms And Conditions: They outline the responsibilities and rights of anyone who uses your website.
- Escrow: Safeguard your customers’ money by using a third-party escrow service.
- Verification: This involves establishing the validity of the user, his location, and other relevant data for security and trust rating.
- Reviews: Online reviews give confidence to your prospects that they’re dealing with a legitimate online business.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Insurance or some sort of guarantee increases a customer’s trust in your online marketplace.
- Customer Support: Users need assurance that they can get in touch with someone if they have trouble ordering and receiving items.
There are different ways to optimize user experience on your online marketplace. They involve enhancing your website, building marketplace trust, creating good content, and providing a reliable and flexible means of communication.
Improving the user experience in your online marketplace is by simply making sure that your site is user-friendly, engaging, and helpful. Making the customer experience convenient and enriching is a sure way to ensure the success of your business.